Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Muse is Back!! {and she brought friends!!}

I had a request for a special necklace. A lovely lady contacted me about the necklaces featured on the Vintaj website and wanted one made similar to them. We went over details and I started with this one. I mixed the greens and creams with the brass and it came out looking fabulous!! Thanks Jess for sharing your talent with us, your pieces were a true inspiration for this necklace and the following one as well.

These are the first two that I have created without drilling into the wood. The use of filigree really adds so much to the tiles and pendants, I may have to make many, many more of these.
This is the other one I made. I wanted to give my new customer a choice in colour, so I made two! This is the one she chose, she fell in love with the pink. I made them both with Vintaj and Czech glass. I will be coming out with more styles like this soon. They are very time consuming but so satisfying!! I still have some rose tiles left in my shop, though not many. I am working on some more right now, in different styles. I can not tell you how many hours I spent looking through Etsy for the perfect rose pdf!! But I found a couple that I am really happy with!!


On another note, I have a few new pendants that have just been completed. I have a couple in the shop and some that I just finished yesterday that will start appearing in the shop in the next couple of days.

I will also be photographing my new "kits" that I have been putting together over the last couple of months and I will start listing those as well. There could be a small delay there because of the amount of time these are taking to assemble, but worry not, they shall come!!

This pendant is one of the newest ones!! I really LOVE the shape and how they look alone and even more on a piece of jewelry!! The filigree holds it quite well in place and it is a wonderful touch of whimsy. This particular one needed to stand alone! A little filigree and a little chain! Too classy to add anything!!
I hope to list it in my shop before the weekend. Do feel free to reserve any of these pieces! Leave me a note on the post and I will list it with your name on it :)

Let me know what you think of this new "style" if you will, I would truly love to get your input!

Thanks for visiting!!

Marie

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the new designs! I wish i were successful with filigree, i have failed at many attempts :( these are beautiful!

SummersStudio said...

Lovely, Marie!

Menagerie Studio said...

I love the pendants with the filigree. Although the pendants are very beautiful on their own, the filigree just adds a little something extra and makes the pendants really stand out. I absolutely love that second necklace!!!

Dawn Doucette said...

I just love the rose necklace with the dangles. It's gorgeous Marie! So happy you found your muse!

Have a superb day!
{Hugs!}

Dawn

TesoriTrovati said...

I like the filigree very much, Marie. It complements your style perfectly.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Judy said...

Just lovely! The filigrees look perfect in your design.

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Love all the pieces Marie! They are awesome!
Left you a small surprise on our blog.
Have a great weekend.