Saturday, July 31, 2010

~Dream Create Inspire~

I have those three words in a vinyl decal sitting in my studio. They have been sitting there for over two years! I am not brave enough to put them on my wall because I want them to be perfect! I just know I am going to put them up and they will end up askew.

Although I face this dilemma, the words do keep inspiring me. It is true that if you Dream and Create from those dreams you will inspire someone! I hope to be an inspiration to some of you, as some of you have been an inspiration to me.


I am having fun mixing different medias together to create true one of a kind jewelry pieces. In this particular piece I have a ceramic focal from Artisan Clay, I have a Jade Scott charm, Unicorne lampwork glass dew drops, some Amazonite and one of my own funky little lampwork beads. I mixed all these with Vintaj brass wire and finished it off with one of my handmade clasps.

I love the soft colours and the bracelet is very comfortable to wear. I am thinking I should most likely list it soon ;)

 This necklace was fun to make! I am loving plain chain right now with a Punchy focal and dangles. This particular pendant is from Martha of Menagerie Studio. She has a true gift with Polymer clay. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like her pendants. Shabby Chic fun! The Polymer Clay flowers are from TooAquarius, a lovely lady from Saskatchewan, my neighboring province. I just ordered a few more flowers to make a special project I have in mind. If I manage to pull it off, I will make sure you all get to see it.


I used Vintaj chain and another one of my handmade clasps. They are so fast and easy to make, and add a little extra handmade element to my pieces. The bright pink bead, if I recall, is dyed Jade or "Candy" Jade. A nice offset punch of colour.
 I of course had to include this funky necklace made with one of my wood pendants. This one has a real Vintage feel with the Bird and egg image. I pulled from the soft teals colours to choose my dangles. I used a Recycled glass bead and some lampwork glass discs form Blue Seraphim on Etsy. I wire wrapped some 3mm copper beads to make it fuller and used those same beads on each side of the lampwork discs to hold them in place.

I used copper for this one. I think it's some of the new Industrial chic chain from Michael's. I loved the texture or etching on the rings of the chain, anything with texture is always more appealing to me.

You can of course find more of my pendants in my supply Etsy shop. More Skye Jewels. Feel free to request special designs or creatures, I have a lot of images and only a small fraction of them listed.



I am also having a sale in my supply shop, for the first 5 people to come shop you get Buy 2 Get 1 Free!! and today is the last day for free shipping when you purchase three. Only one order has been used up so there is still 4 left...
Help me reach 150 sales!! I am soooo close!!

Thanks for coming by!! I love to hear your comments, so please leave one ;)

Marie

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the new pieces! Very beautiful! I think I'm going to have to check out those pendants of Marta's :)

Judy said...

Great new pieces and I especially love the bracelet! Go for it...put up the decal you will be so glad you did!