Friday, December 4, 2009

Key Chains and Lampwork Glass



I have to say I was a little disappointed when this particular piece did not make the cut for Bead Trends, but I still really like it so I thought I would post it. I used a clasp from Tim Holtz that I found in the scrapbooking section of Michael's. They come in a pack of 12 with three finishes; gun metal grey, copper and brass. I posted the other two I made already so you can see what the clasps look like.  These lampwork beads are so fun! Art by Lisi on Etsy. Between her and Sue I think I have the best selection out there! lol.


You can't see the beads as well as I would like but you still get the idea. I wire wrapped them directly to the copper ring and I think I would like to solder the jump ring but I am not sure how to go about that or where to find the brass and copper soldering metal. I have the tool and silver metal solder but that just would not do. If anyone know where to find that stuff, let me know!!

The weather here is really nasty, I can barely see across the street right now, the snow is coming down really hard and fast and the wind is blowing hard. I hope everyone is safe out there.

Marie

No comments: