Monday, April 13, 2009

Hand Painted Russian Artist Pendant

I have been truly honoured by Artbeads.com. They asked me to join their group of Beaders that Blog. Keeping in mind that I only started this hobby in January I feel lucky to even be considered.
For starters, I got this gorgeous pendant from them. It is a Hand Painted Russian Artist Pendant. Click on the link to take a look at the wonderful selection. I was very attracted to this particular pendant because of the warm colours. I thought I could perhaps make a lovely necklace with it as the focus.
I used some large glass seed beads in amber and black, as well as some vintage glass pearls that I had purchased at a flea market in Montreal. They were originally a necklace but it was broken so I took the rest apart and kept the beads for future use. Not all the beads are a great match but the black keeps it all together. The light pearls do pick up the light gold colour in the pendant.
I am thrilled with this acquisition, it is not something I had thought to purchase before, but now that I have tried one I am certain it will not be the last.
Thanks for visiting, if you are interested in checking out Artbeads.com, you can click on the link in the side bar or go directly to the pendants through this link.
Marie

No comments: