Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bead Soup Blog Hop!! Day 2

So here we are, finally the time has come and the suspense is at an end. Day two of the blog hop! I was lucky enough to be paired up with Patricia Wood of VerreDesign and she sent me a wonderful selection of things and I had a hard time choosing what to use first!! You can check to see what all I got on the "Bead Soup Sneak Peak" post.


This is my daughter "Evie" modeling the head band!





So to start, Using the very unexpected gift of Burgundy feathers! I was kind of lost on this one, I had never used a single feather in scrapbooking or jewelry design! However, I LOVE a good challenge!! So I just let them inspire me and it just hit me! A head band! Ok, so it's not exactly jewelry, but it is an adornment so I figure it counts! I used The feathers, I added some paper flowers from my massive scrapbooking stash, added a jeweled brad through one of the disc beads and wired on some of the glass lampwork leaves that Patricia added to the collection! Voila!!
This was actually the last thing I made, but I wanted to start with this and then move on to the jewelry.
I love making earrings, almost more than anything else! They always turn out so different than the last pair! I used some of the disc beads that Patricia made. For those of you who don't know, Patricia is a lampwork artist. You can find her Fun and Gorgeous beads {jewelry too} in her Etsy shop VerreDesign. I used some of my Argentium wire and made ear wires, I also used a little for the wire wrapped loops.


You can really see the lovely detail in the clear glass encasing. Stripes of Orange and white are truly fun.
The Silver beads are also from Patricia, she said they were fine silver! I fell spoiled :)



 Now these were the first thing I made! These Boro beads were the first to speak to me and I just had to make them into earrings! When I see a pair of beads that stand out from the rest, they tend to tell me to create earrings. I need things in uneven numbers to make them into anything else! lol












I have not decided yet, but I may have to keep these for myself! They really feel special! Everything is either fine silver or Argentium silver and all but the wire came from Patricia.
Last but not least...
I have been wanting to add hollow beads to my collection for a long time! These are terrific! I loved the mix of these Large single beads and I knew they needed to become a bracelet! I also wanted to add the sweet little flowers that she sent me with them. They turned into the perfect bracelet! Big, Bold and fun! Green is my favorite colour after all so I simply could not resist putting them together!

I imagine Patricia made these little flowers, but either way I love them! They could not have gone more perfectly well with these beads! She made so many different kinds of beads! Simple ones, fancy ones, big ones, small ones single colours and bright colourful ones! Fun selection!!
I wire wrapped the beads with some sterling silver wire and added the fine silver toggle included in my bead soup. I LOVE this one! I took it to my show last Sunday and a couple of people were interested, but I could not sell it yet, simply because you never know what will happen and if all my photos had been wiped, then what would I have done! So for now I still get to wear it!

I still have many, many more beads that I have not used yet. I will use them soon, but I never have enough time to do all the things I want to do, so for now, they wait...

Come again soon for more fantastic projects!!

You can find all the links for the Bead Soup Party on our wonderful and amazing Lori Anderson's blog, Pretty Things! For those of you who missed the beginning, here are the links for yesterday! See what everyone has created!

1. Lori, Pretty Things
2. Lorelei, Lorelei1141
5. Katie, KatieBead
6. Kimberly, Bahama Dawn
7. Debbie, Prairie Emporium
8. Lisa, Joolz by Lisa
10. Janet, Singing Woods
11. Julianna, Juls Beads
                        12. Erin, Treasures Found

These are the links for todays!!
14. Jen, Jen Judd Rocks
15. Kella, Me But a Little More In Depth
16. Emanda, Artemisia Studio
17. Marie, Skye Jewels
18. Loretta, Designs By Loretta
19. Stacy, Sissy and Jack's
20. Joanna, Filcowe
21. Diane, Diane Hawkey
22. Marianna, Pretty Shiny Things
23. Anna, The Laughing Raven
24. Marcie, La Bella Joya
25. Lois, Que Onda Q'town?
26. Jayne, Mama's Got To Doodle

You won't be able to see my Bead Soup Partner for a couple of days, but please visit her blog anyways! You can find her at Verre Design, and tell her I said Hi!! 

Enjoy the bead Soup!! 
Thanks so much Lori for bringing us all together and for all your hard work!

Marie

52 comments:

steufel said...

What a sweet little girl and the idea with the headband is too cute. And the other pieces are great! regards Stefanie

Juli Cannon said...

Beautiful earrings and that bracelet is fantastic, but I LOVE that headband! How fun and creative~ you rock!

diane hawkey said...

Wow you hit the mother-load with all those fabulous beads!
Can't wait to see what else you do.

Lorelei Eurto said...

Looks great!!

moonlitfantaseas said...

wow! I love everything you made, especially the second pair of earrings, but its all really wonderful!

Heather said...

I think the bracelet is my favorite but all your earrings and the headband are wonderful. You really know how to stretch out the ingredients to feed the whole gang!! LOL

elisabeth said...

The headband is adorable and i love the bracelet - green is a favorite color of mine, too!

Anna Lear said...

What a great idea to make a headband!! When my daughter sees this pic she'll want one, too, so thanks for the inspiration. (And your daughter is just adorable!) I love the earrings and bracelet, too; I especially love how you put those sweet flowers on the bracelet. Nice work!!

Megilon said...

The headband was a perfect use of the feathers. I love all the pieces but my favorite are the orange earrings. They look good enough to eat.

Regina said...

Great post. Love the headband, what an adorable idea, and to have it modeled too! The earrings are divine, I do like the orange and white creamsicle pair. Then the bracelet, beautiful..., darling little flower buds. All in all, love what you did with your beads.

Kella said...

You have done really well with your stash and I love the headband as well.

I first started out on my jewellery making journey with earrings and their designs still come easiest to me, so I totally get the attraction.

Thanks for your comments on my piece, it made me smile.

Silver Parrot said...

You made some great things, but I particularly like the green and white bracelet. It's fantastic!

Christine said...

The headband is very creative, and so adorable on your little girl!

I love love love that cool bracelet. I think it's my favorite out of all the fun things you made!

Rebecca said...

What an amazing selection of work! You have made so much. I love all the earrings, beautiful ear wires, makes them look simple but so stylish.

Pretty Things said...

I am so impressed with what you did, particularly with the feathers! I'm so excited by all the things I've seen and your work has really been inspired!

Jo said...

I love that bracelet! The beads are beautiful and you've balanced them out perfectly!

Lisa said...

Love the headband and that bracelet is great...Looks like a nice crisp Gin & Tonic would go well with it.

Jennifer Cameron said...

very cute! You got a great selection of lampwork to work with.

Loretta said...

I love that headband. What a great idea. Your jewelry pieces are beautiful.

EmandaJ said...

What a fun group of pieces! Love the bracelet especially. Don't you just love lampwork beads?

Emanda

Nicki said...

I love the bracelet. But all the things you made are nice. Fresh and light - you should keep them all.

Jen Judd said...

Gorgeous! You totally rocked out your Bead Trends spread, too, so congrats!!!!

VanBeads said...

Love everything you made! That is so cool with the feathers - your daughter is adorable wearing that headband!

Marieke said...

the earrings and bracelet are beautiful and the headband is lovely as well

Whitney Lassini said...

I adore that bracelet!!!

Karyn said...

What an awesome stash! I love the headband - it's great to see something different. Gorgeous!

Karyn

Anonymous said...

fabulous!

Unknown said...

the headband is too fun! your earrings are great, as is the bracelet. can't wait to see what else you make

Unknown said...

Your work is def first class! Really love it!

Marianna said...

I love all of it! and what a sweet little model :) That headband is so awesome and the beads you got to work with are fantastic! Great job!

Cindy said...

I am so impressed....who would have ever thought, a head band! It is just gorgeous!!! And so sweet on your little daughter. She must have loved modeling it!

Denise Yezbak Moore said...

I love the head band. I have a five year old little girl who would love to wear it also! The earrings and bracelet are lovely. Great job!

Kate said...

Wow Marie! I can't believe all you made, and you still have more! Wow. So creative, I love that bracelet, so Spring! your earrings are great too! What fun you must have had.

Esther said...

i love headban ( i'm addicted) !! love all the jewelry you made!! very earthy!! beautiful!

drachenei said...

Wow. Great. Lovely spring bracelet. And the headband is soooo sweet. ^^

ViviBijoux said...

I absolutely love the fact that you created different projects from it all. After all who said it had to match?! You did brillantly Marie, an I love your part of Canada too! smiles, Virginie

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Marie,
I love the headband! What an awesome way to use the feathers. The earrings are fantastic and the bracelet is Yummy!

Barbara Bechtel said...

I love Patricia's beads! and what you made with them looks fantastic! I'm still chuckling about the feathers! Way to go!

Dale said...

i live in south korea, and i actually see a lot of those feathered headbands that are starting to hit the scene. Give it a couple years and i hope it will hit back home for me too! I really love the punch they give... yours looks great!

Courtney Breul said...

Love your daughter! Great pieces.

Kate said...

The earring are great and the bracelet is gorgeous but that headband takes the cake! Way to go!

Pearl and Pebble said...

I don't think those feathers could have been used more beautifully than here- I love what you've done and what a perfect little model to show this off!!! Love Love Love the earings and bracelet - enjoy:)

TesoriTrovati said...

Nice job! Those feathers would have thrown me for a loop too. I love that you got creative and thought outside the jewelry box. Yummy glass too.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Anonymous said...

I love that bracelet! Love IT! So pretty. The hollow beads are great and just a touch of green. That headband is adorable. Your daughter looks so cute with it.

Great job!

BahamaDawn said...

how creative!! my fave is the green and clear glass bracelet!

Michelle said...

all of it is so fun! your little girl is so sweet!
Bead Happy!
Michelle

Nancy said...

What a great way to use the soup that you were given. The head band is fantastic!! My favorite is the bracelet though and those delicate glass flowers!!

one-eared pig said...

Great use of the beads!

Unknown said...

Everything you created is so unique, fresh and happy!! Love what you did! I especially like the headband! What a great way to use the feathers:) Thank you for creating such lovely pieces with my beads:) My big reveal is on the 25th... nervous to see what I came up with your pretty pendants and pearls and stones? lol! I had so much fun!

Unknown said...

Your little one is adorable!
What a beautiful headband you made with the flower and feathers.

The earrings are prefect and that bracelet is to die for! What gorgeous designs.

Marie Cramp said...

I am very touched by all the wonderful comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave them and an extra thanks to those who are new followers!
Hugs
Marie

Patti said...

You've made some very fun pieces. I especially love the bracelet!