Thursday, November 26, 2009

M.I.A no longer!! {I hope}, and something new!!

What a crazy week. Those of you who submit to Bead Trends on a regular basis know what it's like if you leave it until the last minute. I had a few ideas I rally wanted to send in so I went a couple of days with barely any sleep at all to get those things done. That and another show on Saturday has been keeping me very busy making new pieces and replenishing the things I sold. I also have a special order with nine piece in it due for Monday, so needless to say it has been a little busy!!

I found these super fun clasps at Michael's. They were in the scrapbooking section and are from Tim Holts.
I thought they would make really nice key chains. These are two examples of what I made.


This top one is made with the antiqued brass clasp. I added a super cute lampwork glass bead from "Art by Lisi" on Etsy. I just discovered her beads and they are beautiful! I wire wrapped in onto the jumpring and wire wrapped a cone with chain dangles in it and little bells for charms.


Some more Art by Lisi beads and this time a gun metal grey clasp. I did basically the same thing as the other one. The only real difference being that I did more of a bell charm with the second lampwork bead.


I am quite pleased with the way they turned out and plan to make about a dozen more this afternoon for my Saturday show!!

Keep coming back!!

Marie

No comments: