Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Earthy Reds, Perfect for Fall!

This Necklace is made with Red Jasper nuggets and copper beads. The big chunky look is going to be big this season and earth tones are always strong during the fall so I thought I would give it a try.
This is just a more muted close up of the stones. I love how imperfect they are and how rough and unpolished some of the edges are. They just seem so much more natural this way.
This is a close up of the back clasp. Because the necklace is so heavy I wanted to make it very strong in the back. I incorporated 4 crimp beads on each side and added a few extra copper beads so it would not be too noticeable. I think it worked out quite nicely.
Thanks for stopping by
Marie

1 comment:

Azure Accessories said...

Beautiful necklace, great color for the fall...the chunky stones have always been my favorite to work with...unfortunately I can't wear them because I have arthritis in my neck, so simple pendants are what I wear for the most part... :0(

Cheers