Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Funky Bracelet


I made this with the intention of challenging myself into something out of my comfort zone. I linked different stones with Vintaj elements as well as a lampwork bead. Honestly I think it turned out pretty well, but I am not sure what to do about the clasp. It just seems to fall out. I don't remember ever having this problem before. I assume I combined two pieces that were not suited to each other, I just can not figure out why. Technically the ring is not supposed to be a toggle but it has worked well with other pieces, so I assume it is the knot bar. I guess I will have to experiment to find an alternative clasp.



Let me know if you have any ideas.

Marie

4 comments:

Silver Parrot said...

The knot bar is too short for that ring. You need something longer as the "bar" part of the toggle. Otherwise, it's a great design.

What about attaching a smaller jump ring or a section of chain to the big filigree ring and then putting a lobster claw on the other end of the bracelet?

sandi said...

Marie,
I agree with everthing Silver Parrot said about the knot bar; it's too short for the ring part of the toggle. My suggestion, too, is adding a jump ring and lobster clasp. It will not only be secure but will flow better with the overall design. Great job!
sandi / chicago

Marie Cramp said...

Thanks girls for the advice, I will see what I have sitting around.

Marie

Cindy said...

This is such a beautiful bracelet...I like the mix of elements: vintage brass, the faceted stones and the flower link. I really love that lampwork bead too!