Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fun and Funky Earrings

While on holidays in Panorama, I was lucky enough to discover "Bavin Glassworks". The little cabin had a lovely selection of handmade jewelry mostly made with lampwork glass beads. They had other wonderful art there as well like hand blown glass and paintings made by the owner. I of course had to get a couple of beads to satisfy my craving. In a previous post I had pictures of myself taking one of their classes on lampwork beads. These lovely beads were sitting there calling my name. By now I am sure some of you know that I really love green. I went right back to where we were staying and put together these fun earrings using Vintaj findings.
I also found these lovely beads {sorry about the fuzzy pic}. I don't usually gravitate to orange, it may even be the last colour that catches my eye, but there was something about these. I think it took me about all of 10 minutes to make both pairs of earrings. I could just picture the end result so clearly, that does not happen very often, I am usually a fly by the seat of your pants kind of artist.
I hope you enjoyed these little treasures, hope to see you again soon.

No comments: