Friday, October 23, 2009

Better Photos and New Pieces


A month or so ago, my son Adam wanted to help me make a charm bracelet. He had to pick the beads and he said I had to put them in a "pattern". He is 5 so I thought that was pretty cute. Well, this is the bracelet. Not something I would have thought of on my own, but I think it turned out pretty well! I did add a little to it with the antiqued brass spacers, but other than that he picked everything himself including the chain.

Brass chain and toggle, nut beads and some small glass beads. All in shades of Turquoise. Not bad kiddo!

I am happier with the first photo. I am trying some new techniques. A girlfriend of mine has a husband that is a professional photographer. I was over there on Monday for my monthly Scrapbooking club and he gave me some tips after looking at my photos on my website and blog. He mostly said to use lots of light from lamps etc and to turn off my flash. He said to take the photos from further away and to zoom in as close as I can. Well, I know I need more light, because everything looks a little yellow and I need to work on the focus, but all in all it did improve some.


After selling all my Picasso Jasper pieces at the last show I made a couple new ones for my next show on Saturday. Because of lack of time {and materials} I did not do as much wire wrapping as I might have done otherwise. I extended with a long piece of chain from Vintaj and added a toggle at the back. I love the large pendant, It is quite stunning. I wanted this one to be quite long because of the size of the pendant.


You can see all the wonderful colours and all the texture in the stone. Nothing quite compares.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Marie

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Keep encouraging your son to create in whatever way he can! My daughter makes earrings, sold some in the show on Thursday for her, and she was published in Bead Trends in September! Not bad for 8! She frequently reminds me that it took her only 8 years to get published...and 39 for me! LOL! That is a lovely bracelet...I hope you will be keeping it to remind you of the fun you had! Enjoy the day!
Erin
P.S. The best photos I have taken are in indirect sunlight, on a neutral background. I have a Canon DSLR camera using the macro setting (someday I will invest in a macro lens to get really close). I recently bought some tiles from a home improvement store that are great backdrops. But that holding still thing is a problem! And with winter approaching, the dim lights will be a problem. But I do also have a fancy pop up light box with special lights. But natural is the best! Good luck!

Azure Accessories said...

The bracelet is wonderful...your son did a great job!!!

I love it when my grandson takes an interest!

I to struggle with my photos...I've been working at them for 3 years and I've seen improvement, each year, I think I'm a slow learner when it comes to photography :0.

I say I'm going to take a class but I don't seem to get around to it! :0)

I also think I get my best results with natural light...but we make due with what we have!

Enjoy your day.
Cheers

Patrick Anderson said...

It's so nice that your you have something in common with your son! Can you encourage him to also create styles for tungsten ring , men’s tungsten ring , and gold tungsten wedding bands?