Friday, October 30, 2009

Working with Sterling


I have been working more and more with sterling silver, as per customer request, and I am having great success with it. So far it has been the basics, just beaded earrings with Sterling findings, but they are selling. I am going to get a little more adventurous, but one step at a time. Remember, I have not been doing this for a year yet. I used some of Sue's awesome lampwork beads, added some spacers and did a little wire wrapping and used a 5mm jump ring to attach it to the ear wire. I really like the look of the larger jump ring. I feel like it modernizes the whole look. I was lucky enough to win these gorgeous beads at almost the very beginning of my jewelry designing career on one Sue's giveaways. I imagine it was a very worthwhile giveaway since I have bought a ton of beads from her since then.

Sea Sediment Jasper. It is rich and has so much to it. I combined these rondelles with Sterling spacers and wire wrapped them. I also added an extra bead at the bottom for to give it more movement. I was trying to find a picture that was not fuzzy, unfortunately this was the best one. lol


Have a great weekend
and a great Halloween!!!

Marie

1 comment:

SueBeads said...

Nice earrings, and thank you so much for mentioning me!