Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Stones with Character!



These red spot stones from Fire Mountain Gems never cease to amaze me. I thought when I first saw them that they looked interesting and different. I figured, Ok, get a couple of strands in different shapes and see what happens. I have loved everything that I have made with them. They just seem to work so well with Copper, which is one of my favorite metals to work with that I can not stop myself from putting the two together.

You can see here that I used 4 different sizes and shapes. They make a very elegant necklace that sites well on the skin because of the flatness of the stones.


I found this lovely clasp on Etsy {Olay} and thought it was the perfect finishing touch to this piece.

I have a multitude of things I am working on, including stuff for Publication, more pieces for my show this Saturday and more things to replenish my website and Etsy shop.

Keep coming back for more eye candy

Marie

2 comments:

Silver Parrot said...

Very pretty necklace - the stones look like Mexican Crazy Lace Agate to me.

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Very nice! I like the red and pink tones with the copper.