I did my best to take pics of a coupe of pairs of my earrings I made. We have had no sun, so natural light has been pretty scarce. It has been dark and gloomy for about 3 days now. I figured oh well, just get it done. This first pair of earrings is more of an experiment that worked out well, than anything else. I started by hammering brass tags with a textured hammer. I used some of the Vintaj tags that I had on hand.
I then used alcohol inks from my scrapbooking collection to add a touch of colour. I made several pairs of these, but the "sapphire" blue was my favorite. I used 3 kinds of blue, a hint of purple and some pearl to create this effect.
This pair is kind of special to me. I used these cute glass butterflies and milky green swarovski crystals, and I attached them to my own handmade figure eight links and then attached those, to my own handmade earwires. I took my first class ever, and learned how to shape metal properly to create earwires and dangles and pins of sorts. I made a ton of cute ear wires and now I am turning them into earrings. I think this week I have made about two dozen pairs of earrings. I used lots of brass and swarovski crystals so keep an eye open in my etsy shop or on this blog for a new post. I may have to reserve a couple for Bead Trends ;)
This last picture is mostly to show you the detail of my ear wires.
I hope you enjoyed your little visit