Saturday, January 17, 2009

Amber and Chocolate

I don't remember when I started to like browns but I think it was when I moved into our house. We bought a bigger house so that my mother and father in law could move in with us to help. We needed the help while my husband went back to school and they needed a place to live because of some disconcerting events that caused them to lose their home. {now don't worry, we get along quite well} When we first moved in, there was a cocoa coloured wall in the front room. At first I thought that we would paint over it and eventually I fell in love with it and now I can't wait until we paint it that colour again to freshen it up.

Since then I have added some brown touches in the front room that bring in warmth and depth to the surroundings. It has become a favorite and has started top appear in my wardrobe as well as my scrapbooking and card making.
I used some vintage glass pearls in this bracelet. I had bought a bunch of vintage jewelry at a flea market in Montreal and this particular necklace was damaged. Of course the thrifty person in me just had to hang onto it. Now I get to use the pieces one by one where I see fit.
I also used smoky quartz chips, amber and brown glass beads, and a mix of brown, amber and black seed beads. I just randomly placed them on memory wire and they created their own pattern.
Come again soon...
Marie

1 comment:

Beth F said...

I love this, the color is so awsome. Sort of like a dark amber and chocolate pearls. mmmmm

Blessings,

Beth F