Friday, January 23, 2009


I have never claimed to be a great photographer, but even in my ineptitude you can see how in different lighting the same object can look so different. The top photo was taken on a soft pillow in natural lighting which made these glass beads look mostly opaque. In the bottom picture you see it on a shiny wooden surface with artificial lighting and the beads look transparent.

My 4 year old son helped me make this bracelet. I picked the colours and "suggested" to him which one should be the next one to go on. lol. All that matters is that he had fun. All the beads are glass beads that I mostly got in mixed bead containers. No better way to start out than with the cheaper stuff. At least you get to try some stuff out and experiment at a fraction of the cost. I really like this one and I imagine it only cost me about a dollar or two to make. What a bargain!!
Marie

No comments: